Estimator – Indianapolis, IN
For 50 years, Kustom US has provided emergency property restoration and construction services to residential, commercial, industrial and governmental property owners through facilities located throughout the US.
The Estimator is responsible for generating Xactimate estimates for restoration and mitigation projects assigned or for job leads generated. Estimators are responsible for all follow up changes in dollar value to the project (Change Orders, Supplements, Code Upgrades, etc). The estimator works closely with Project Managers and the Sales Manager to meeting or exceeding sales goals and to write sheets and communicate methodology used in order to meet or exceed profit goals.
- Bring in new business and close leads.
- Provide immediate advice and expertise to customers and establish a face-to-face relationship by responding to potential jobs in person (when possible).
- Develop estimates including creation of detailed and accurate diagrams in Xactimate along with detailed line items in Xactimate to submit for insurance and client review.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry standards through continuing education and remain current on all certifications.
- Initiate and establish a proper contractual relationship prior to starting and work by identifying and documenting key players, (Homeowners, insurance agents, adjusters, and occupants), and ensuring proper execution and understanding of the contract.
- Work closely with Production to finalize the scope of work including industry standards to be followed, PPE, and timelines.
- Ensure documentation, pictures and other critical records are complete and meet audit standards.
- Manage and update multiple project estimates simultaneously utilizing carrier programs and internal company software.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer through the initial phase of project to the introduction of PM as main point of contact for production.
- 5 Years of Restoration, and/or Content Experience.
- Xactimate Level I Cert or 2 years of Xactimate experience.
- In depth knowledge and proficiency using Xactimate to estimate mitigation or reconstruction projects.
- Strong business development networks within various restoration organizations
- Sales experience and skills.
- IICRC WRT, FSRT Certifications preferred.